The delightfully gruff PaddyK has tagged me and right proper chuffed is how I’m feeling about it. I mean Paddy is one of my very top favourite writers and his dry wit and pragmatic wisdom has me laughing out loud and spluttering into my coffee many-a-time. So to be tagged by such a force can only be interpreted as a compliment and I thank the good and lovely man for that. My only problem is that I have to tag ten blogging friends too but I don’t actually have ten friends who blog regularly so five will have to do.
What you do: List 10 things that make your day and then give this award to ten (five) bloggers. So here goes:
Ten things that make my day (or made my day once):
1. Hearing an old favourite song played on the radio when I’m alone in the car and it’s played early on enough in my journey so that I get to hear it in its entirety before I get to where I’m going and I don’t have to sit in my car pretending to chat on the phone or look for something till it finishes.
2. An act of kindness. As touchy-feely as it sounds, I mean it. For me it’s the little things in life that uplift, inspire and quite simply make the world seem better.
3. Hearing me laddie play a piece of guitar music perfectly after weeks of struggling with it.
4. Watching me laddie score a try at rugby. His position is hooker and he’s great at that but he rarely scores a try so when he does, my mad inner-madwoman is usually released and I can be seen jumping, yelling and whooping on the sidelines like a, erm, mad madwoman.
5. Morning cup of coffee brought to me while I snooze in bed. I get this treatment every Saturday and it’s often the best part of my day. Usually goes pear-shaped from then on due to boring stuff such as laundry, cleaning, mopping, shopping and squabbling kids then picks up again in the evening, which brings me nicely to my number 6.
6. A glass of white wine, a bowl of green olives and my feet up while hubby cooks dinner. Another regular Saturday treat.
7. Seeing three deer jump out of the woods and run across our path right in front of us. This happened last weekend when we were hiking on Great Gable in the Lake District. It was one of those heart-stopping moments and it definitely made my day.
8. My middle daughter getting in from school and telling me all about her day – word for word. Never a dull moment for this girlie. Her life is full of sunshine because that’s just the way she is and I love listening to her. Sometimes I’m busy and I only half listen but that’s my loss.
9. Coming home from work to a clean and tidy house. This is a rarity. Every now and then one of my girls has a rare attack of domesticity and gets stuck into the dishes and the dirt. Only the women will understand just how wonderful it feels to come back to a tidy home.
10. Getting a Green MP in Westminster at long last.
There you go. And the five friends that I am tagging are my other favourite bloggers. Feel free not to take part:
The romantic Mysoul whose makes me think and writes beautiful poetry and prose. Her blog is a haven.
The wise and witty Zhisou who is very clever with words. He makes everything simple.
The lovely Helen who has a warm compassion for humanity. She’s also a published poet.
The sweet and loyal Jose who has encouraged and supported my blog since I began writing here.
The unassuming and tolerant JimJay from The Daily (Maybe) whose blog has been a great source for Green party information and interesting links. As a dedicated Green party member I suspect he will be too busy to take part in this. Fair enough.